Wednesday 28 January 2015

44 days without you

To the children we lost on 16-12-14


I eat and sleep and pray,
Like I did everyday,
But I have not breathed properly,
Not since you went away,

The air seems thin and vile,
I cannot fill my lungs,
There are thorns behind my eyes,
Since the day you went away.

I bathed you and fed you and held you,
Each day that you were near,
But now my days are empty,
Please come home my dear.

I still remember the first time I kissed your angel feathers,
The day I had delivered you,
With pain, and strength and tears.

I wander to your bed,
I touch your pillow daily,
Can you feel my hands in heaven?
Running through your hair?

Your father always felt left out,
Ever since you came in our lives,
He has all my attention now,
But he doesn't seem to need it.

Can you see the culprit?
The one who made you bleed?
Ask him this from me please,
Has he a mother too?

No comments:

Post a Comment